If you have been keeping up with my articles on The Dating Dairy, then you will know by now that I met my partner several years ago on Tinder, and since then, it has been a crazy ride with him! So writing about Tinder is always a personal affair – I thought, why not Tinder conversation starters?
And that’s exactly what we are going to do today! We are going to check out a bunch of conversation starters that will do wonders for your love life – whether you are looking for a casual fling or a cute date, it doesn’t matter. Because I have the ULTIMATE list of conversation starters that you can use not just on Tinder but on other dating apps as well.
So here we go – stay tuned to find out more.
The Ultimate Tinder Conversation Starters For Instant Responses (Thank Us Later!)
Before we start, did you know that a solid 40% of people are looking for something serious on dating apps (according to Bustle)? But Tinder is so much more than just casual swiping – it’s also about great conversations and connecting with like-minded people. And that, my friend, brings me back to my focus for the day – conversation starters for Tinder!
Also, there’s no point typing ‘conversation starters Tinder’ on Google and going to other blogs – because I have the Ultimate list of conversation starters for Tinder, Bumble, or any other dating app as well. Breaking the ice is mostly a daunting affair – frankly, it’s a game of patience. So without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Funny Tinder Conversation Starters:
If you thought saying something naughty on Tinder was cool, then you have been playing this game wrongly. So let’s get back to the basics and start with funny Tinder conversation starters with a 90% success rate (apologies if your match is weird and these don’t work!).
Presenting the Tinder conversation starters funny edition!
- Weren’t we in the same class? I bet it was Chemistry!
- So, you breathe Oxygen? We have got so much in common.
- You will look cuter if you hold my hand. But whatever…
- I got a B+ in Human Sexuality in college. So, let’s just say I know my way around a *checks poorly scribbled notes* cliboris.
- The only thing lower than my standard is my self-esteem.
- If you can’t handle me at my worst, I really commend and respect you for setting healthy boundaries for yourself.
- If we meet and you don’t look like your pictures, you are buying me drinks until you do.
- I’m grown, but I’m not grown, grown, which means I know how to ride a d**k, but I’m still not sure how taxes work.
- I take hot showers because I like practicing burning in hell.
- My nickname is Gilette because I am the best a man can get. Also, I can cut.
- Is your name on Wi-Fi? Because I’m definitely feeling a connection.
- Do you believe in love at first swipe?
- I’ve been waiting for you to message me, but I guess I’ll take one for the team.
- Glad we matched—my thumb was getting tired!
- I’m not DTF. I’m DTGTKYAHOAFBAOM (down to get to know you and hang out as friends but also open-minded).
- I promise that if I ever hold your hand in public, I’ll happily let it go so that we don’t trap passers-by in our web of public romance.
- I’m researching important dates in history. Do you want to be mine?
- They say patience is a virtue, but I couldn’t wait to message you.
- WOOOOOO, someone calls the cops because it’s got to be illegal to look that good.
- We matched! Does that mean you’re coming to my place tonight, or should we meet first and ensure neither of us is a serial killer or living with our parents?
- Can I skip the cheesy pick-up line and just say hello?
- Are you Google? Because I think I’ve found what I was searching for.
- Water you up to later? Want to grab a drink?
- (If anyone has their dog in the display photo) Oh wow… those eyes and that fur. How long have you two been together? Is he/she jealous of newcomers?
- So do you come here often?
Flirty Tinder Conversation Starters:
The thing about good Tinder conversation starters is that these are always the right blend of flirty and funny. And it’s a dating app – why not be healthy and flirt just the right amount regularly? Instead of wasting time, let’s get started with the ultimate list of flirty Tinder conversation starters.
- I’m the good thing small packages come in.
- It’s not even me in the picture.
- I can’t even remember the last time we spoke. We need to change that.
- Stop sending me mixed signals, and start sending me memes.
- I wanted to ask you out, but I thought I’d start by sending you a message.
- Do you have plans for this weekend? Because I don’t.
- We’re hanging out this weekend, just so you know.
- I suck at starting conversations. You want to give it a try?
- I’m making the first move when it comes to messaging, so I’m expecting you to make the first move when it comes to kissing.
- Hey, stranger. Stop being a stranger.
- I had a dream we were sexting, so I woke up and decided to make it a reality.
- Be honest. How long have you been waiting for a message from me?
- Flirting over Tinder is fun, but it makes it harder for me to lean in and kiss you.
- I don’t even need a beer. I’m already intoxicated by you.
- This is me asking you out. Want to get coffee on Saturday?
- I Almost dropped my phone when I realized we matched. I just wanted to let you know you have that effect on me.
- I would love to take you to the movies, but they don’t allow snacks.
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
- If I were a cat, I’d spend all nine lives with you.
- Go on a date with me, if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs are still real, right?
- I’m not sure what it is yet, but something about you seems very interesting.
- I hope you know CPR because you just took my breath away!
- Reckon we’re a match made in heaven?
- Hey! Here I am. What other two wishes did you ask for?
- On a scale of 1 to America, how free are you tonight?
Tinder Conversation Starters For Guys:
Of course, you knew this was coming – our apologies for doing this every single time. But then it’s about what you guys want, and we hear you. So let’s not dwell on the past anymore and instead scroll down to find out the top Tinder conversation starters for guys.
- What’s a princess like you doing on an app for peasants?
- Roses are red, violets are blue. I may not be good-looking, but dang, look at you.
- Me when I matched with you: (heart eyes)
- I noticed you noticed me, so I just wanted to let you know that I see you too.
- Is your personality as intriguing as your eyes?
- I’m a traditional gentleman. Do you fancy meeting for a beverage this evening?
- I’m honored you swiped right on me. You caught my eye, too 😉
- What’s a queen like you doing on an app for peasants?
- Do you think we’re a match made in heaven?
- You’re crazy cute, but here’s the dealbreaker: do you put pineapple on your pizza?
- How did you know I have a weakness for brunettes/blondes/blue-eyed girls?
- You’re way too good-looking to be on Tinder.
- I’m not a scientist, but I can tell we’ve got some chemistry.
- So I’m just going straight to a personal question: What is the best advice you ever received?
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Ice cream date in our future?
- So I’m just going straight to a personal question: What is the best advice you ever received?
- I believe in following my dreams. Can I have your Instagram?
- Would you rather date a 10 with a bad personality or a 6 with a fantastic personality?
- You sound busy. Any chance you’d add me to your to-do list?
- Are you a camera? Because every time I look at your profile, I smile.
- I don’t put a napkin on my lap when I visit restaurants – you know why? Because I believe in myself.
- Cute enough to take my breath away. Smart enough to bring it back.
- 300 miles away! Damn, you are beautiful, but I ain’t no Forest Gump.
- There’s something very wrong with my phone – it doesn’t have your number on it.
- The perfect guy does not exist. Check your friend zone or stop fuc**ng with douchebags. But until then, here I am – I have a big heart.
Tinder conversation starters for the ladies:
How could we write a list featuring the ultimate Tinder conversation starters and miss out on the ladies? How could we ever forget our beautiful ladies – ladies who have stood by us for a long, long time? So without wasting time, stay tuned to find out the best Tinder conversation starters for the ladies.
- Can’t really afford a vibrator. So, here we are!
- A kiss makes my whole day. Anal makes my hole weak.
- I am vegetarian, but my vagina is not.
- My photos get uglier if you keep scrolling.
- Nobody calls you a lumberjack if you cut down one tree. But if you f**k one goat, suddenly the whole town calls you a goat fu**er.
- I’m a fun-loving hot granny, and I just want a man – text me back, sexy!
- Just a girl looking for someone to drive me around while I stick my head out of the window, demolishing mailboxes with my fu**ing head.
- Before we begin, don’t let my boyfriend know about this.
- Hey, nice shirt – is it made of boyfriend material?
- Damn, boy, you must be my GPA! Because I know I could do better – I’m just too lazy to try.
- If you are looking for a girl with personality, then understand that I have multiple personalities…don’t listen to her!
- I plan on getting you drunk and convincing you to get my initials tattooed on your ass.
- My superpower is that I don’t have a gag reflex. At first, when people found out, they called me a freak. Now, they just call me all the time.
- I’m not wearing any socks, and I have panties to match.
- So disappointing in person that you will think you have been catfished.
- Let’s have a ‘who’s better in ned’ contest. I’ll be a sore loser.
- I hope you like bad girls because I’m literally bad at everything.
- I can cook. I can clean. I can sing. Basically, I am a Disney Princess.
- I’m pretty there’s a lot more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is!
- Coffee doesn’t do it anymore. I need to get spanked.
- Just to clarify, I am single, and I don’t need to chew when eating a banana.
- I like my men like I like my oatmeal. Quick, easy, and full of facts about dinosaurs.
- Twinkle Twinkle, little star, f**k this bullsh**, and let’s just do it inside your car.
- Just trying out Tinder and getting settled in case my boyfriend and I break up suddenly.
- Face down, ass up – that’s the way I like to cry about polar bears, man. There are only like 15 left!
And It’s A Wrap!
And that’s a wrap on the ultimate Tinder conversation starters of all time! Dating apps can be really fun as long as you keep things breezy. What are your favorite Tinder conversation starters of all time? And if you have anything better on your sleeves, feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.
Barsha Bhattacharya is a senior content writing executive. As a marketing enthusiast and professional for the past 4 years, writing is new to Barsha. And she is loving every bit of it. Her niches are marketing, lifestyle, wellness, travel and entertainment. Apart from writing, Barsha loves to travel, binge-watch, research conspiracy theories, Instagram and overthink.